The Old Testament Gospel of Jesus (Acts 7:17-43)Gus Gill, September 24, 2017
Part of the Book of Acts series
Introduction - John 3:16-18; 36
1. God fulfilling His promise to Abraham at the appropriate time
A. The difficult aspects of the promise
B. Moses’ timely birth
C. Moses’ training and preparation
2. The appearance of Jesus in the O.T. as the Angel of the Lord
A. He was the holy God of the O.T.
B. He came down to help His people.
C. He spoke God's words to Moses. Hebrews 1:1-4
3. The disobedience and rejection of God by the people of Israel
1. Just as Jesus came down to help and speak, so He sends us.
2. "with the help of the Angel"... so Jesus is our helper also.
3. Just as Jesus spoke to Moses, so He continues to speak.
Are you listening?