What is Your Response to the Christmas Story? ()Gus Gill, December 24, 2017
Part of the Christmas series
1. The promises and probabilities of Jesus being the Messiah- Savior.
A. Two great promises to two great men.
1. Abraham - Genesis 22: 15-18.
2. David - 2 Chronicles 7: 12-16.
B. The probabilities of Jesus fulfilling just 8 of the prophecies
of the Messiah.
1. 1 in 10 to the 17th degree. 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000.
2. The responses of some of the key characters of the story.
A. Joseph was an obedient and merciful man. Luke 2: 21-24.
B. The wise men- magi were seeking to worship Christ.
C. King Herods jealousy and anger led him to murder and rejection
3. The reasons why Jesus came.
A. To save us.
B. To be with us. Matthew 28:18-20.
C. To shepherd His people. Titus 2: 11-14.
Application- How do you respond?
1. Is obedience to God's word a priority to you?
2. Is worship a priority in your life?
3. Have you ever really committed your life to Jesus?
HILLSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH
103 N Ford St
Golden, CO 80403