definition essay topics for high school
The First Test of the “ First Christian’s “- Finances (Acts 11:25-30)Gus Gill, March 4, 2018
Part of the Book of Acts series
Acts 11: 25-30.
Introduction - Acts 11: 25-30.
1. Searching for a man who lost everything.
A. Saul lost everything for Christ. Philippians 3: 7-8.
2. For the equipping of the new disciples to be called Christians.
A. The city of Antioch.
B. Christian - a derogatory term of contempt from outsiders.
3. A prophecy of a great famine.
A. Supported by historians.
B. A significant prophet named Agabus.
4. A test and opportunity for the new Christians.
A. Giving in proportion.
B. A determined contribution for the brethren . 1 Timothy 5: 8.
C. An act of obedience in submission to God’s leaders.
1. Learning to be content with what you have by God’s power. Philippians 4: 11-13.
2. Learning how to give sacrificially to the needs of others. Matthew 7: 12.
3. Being obedient to be rich in good deeds. 1 Timothy 6: 17-19.
HILLSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH
103 N Ford St
Golden, CO 80403