Living a Life of Thanks Begins and Ends with Jesus (Colossians 3:15-17)Gus Gill, November 18, 2018
Part of the Colossians series
Colossians 3: 15-17
1. Giving thanks in prayer leads to peace.
B. Being devoted to prayer.
C. God’s peace is found in Jesus. Philippians 4: 6-7.
2. Giving thanks in truth leads to worship.
A. Worshipping in spirit and truth. John 4: 20-24; 25-26.
3. Giving thanks in everything we do leads to rewards.
A. We represent Jesus in everything we do.
B. In our words. Ephesians 4: 29-30.
C. In deeds. Psalm 37: 3-5.
D. The results are rewards. Revelations 22: 12.
Application thoughts and questions. A thanks test.
1. Is your focus in life on Jesus and the things above or on the things on
2. Is God’s truth a priority in your life or are you listening to the media of the world?
3. Do yo do your work for money and success or for Jesus?
15And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. (KJV)
HILLSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH
103 N Ford St
Golden, CO 80403