Living a Life of Thanks Begins and Ends with Jesus (Colossians 3:15-17)Gus Gill, November 10, 2019
Part of the Sunday Morning Service series
Colossians 3: 15-17
1. Giving thanks in prayer leads to God’s peace.
A. Prayer and thanks in everything. Philippians 4: 6-7.
B. Giving thanks and drawing near to God. Hebrews 4: 14-16.
2. Giving thanks for Truth leads to worship.
A. Two key definitions in the Bible.
1. ydh = Acknowledging what is right about God in praise and thanksgiving.
2. Eucharisteo = to show oneself grateful; to be thankful.
B. Hebrews 4: 11-12.
C. Isaiah 40 : 25-28; Psalm 100.
3. Giving thanks in word and deed leads to rewards.
A. God’s involvement should overwhelm us. Psalm 8: 4-9.
B. We are commanded to practice these things. Hebrews 13: 15-16
Application- practicing thanks.
15And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him. (KJV)
HILLSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH
103 N Ford St
Golden, CO 80403