The Great Value We Have to God our Father (Ephesians 1:3-8)Gus Gill, January 19, 2020
Part of the Ephesians series
Ephesians 1: 3-8.
1. Thanks for God’s blessings.
A. An eulogy. James 1: 16-18.
B. Promised blessings in the Old Testament. Galatians 3: 6-9.
2. The choice of our Father.
A. For God’s glory.
B. Grace before the foundation of the world. 2 Timothy 1: 8-9.
3. The Father adopts us into His family.
A. The benefits.
B. Our status as adult children.
4. God’s gift of redemption and the forgiveness of sins.
A. Redeemed = To purchase and set free.
B. Every sin, past, present, and future carried away.
1. Developing an eternal perspective. Memorizing Ephesians 1: 3-8; Psalm 103.
2. Make your life an eulogy- giving thanks. Hebrews 13: 15-16.
3. Pray to your Father to help you to accept
His grace and live more freely.
3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; (KJV)
HILLSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH
103 N Ford St
Golden, CO 80403